I’m on a mission to eat clean. I recently started a 90 day Challenge to lose the baby weight after having baby number five. I also started taking the TriPlex Combo through Plexus and it seems to be making a huge difference in helping me resist cravings, make better choices, keep my system cleaned out, and SLEEP! Thank you Jesus for the SLEEP! If you would like to join me on my eating clean or Plexus Challenge give me a shout. My plexus website is www.plexusslim.com/motivatedmarriage
I found this recipe and decided to give it a try. This is what you will need…
- For the Sauce:
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (these have kick, proceed with caution)
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp vegetable oil/ or I like coconut oil (I love it!)
- 8.5 oz (2 breast halves) cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
For the enchilada:
- 8-12 Corn Tortillas (organic if possible)
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
- non stick cooking spray
- top with Cilantro or Scallions (green onions)
Sauce: In a medium saucepan, spray cooking spray oil and sauté garlic, add chipotle chiles, add seasonings, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and set to the side.
Chicken: Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic on low until soft, add chicken, salt, cilantro cumin, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Corn Tortillas: I like to pre cook in a little cooking spray (each side for 30 seconds), you don’t have to though. Place the Chicken filling in each tortillas and roll them up. Place them in a baking dish.
Top them off with the Chipotle Sauce and sprinkle with Mexican Cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with sour cream or a good substitute is plain greek yogurt and top with scallions.
I like to serve this with a side of black beans!